Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, September 1, 2017

TTT/ Driving Miss Daisy


Hello, dear friends...

I wanted to take this time to tell my friends in the Houston area that they are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I've been watching non-stop news coverage of the floods, and it breaks my heart.  I spent some of the happiest years of my life in The Woodlands.  As I watch the news, warm memories of the wonderful people as well as the beauty of the area come to mind.  I continue to keep you all in my prayers.

~KC


*****








Hi, Everybody!  We're baaaack!  Or at least I am. To refresh your memory, I am Mom's MacKenzie-Childs Tote, otherwise known as Miss Daisy. 

Mom, the slacker, is taking a few more days off.  I'm back just in time to join our friends in the Tales of the Traveling Tote group.









The theme of the past 3 months is:  I don't get out much.  It was a looong Summer for Mom and me because of the never-ending renovation of three bathrooms.  It came to a neck-breaking halt midway when the tile guy decided to take an impromptu 2-week vacation. He chose the time for his rendezvous the exact day he was due to begin our job.  Dad blew his top because Mom was having a nervous breakdown and he couldn't take it anymore, so he called the GC and told him he better find somebody else because Mom was threatening to call a divorce lawyer. Not to worry...  she was kidding.  Or at least I think she was.  Lucky for all of us, the GC found three guys that did a stellar job.  Mom was so happy that she made cookies for them every day.  Poor Dad wasn't even offered a bite!




Mom and I went to a couple of enjoyable Supper with the Authors sponsored at Mom's favorite bookstore, Buttonwood Books and Toys.





Mom and Dad took me out for some delightful lunches on the weekends.  Here we are at one of Mom's favorite places, Rye Tavern in Plymouth.


I just decided to hang out while they were inhaling their burgers and mouthwatering fries. Mom keeps saying that she needs to start a diet.  For some reason, she only mentions it when she is full from a huuuuge meal.  It is never mentioned before she orders from a menu.







Mom and Dad don't usually venture to the Cape in the Summer because of the crowds, but they were so sick of looking at their torn-up house that they made an exception this year.  We spent a fabulous day in Falmouth.  Good food and end-of-the-season sales made for a perfect day. 

When Mom's happy, everybody's happy.






Mom made a new friend this Summer!  This is Linda.  She moved to our town about a year ago and had never been to downtown Hingham.  We spent the afternoon lunching and shopping.  Mom asked Linda to model this tote that said I'm still waiting for my Birkin.  Mom says she is too.





This is one of Mom's favorite antique stores.




We couldn't spend time in Hingham without visiting the original  Talbots! 




It was a great day had by all.





One night we went over to Mom's friend's house for a wonderful dinner.  Anne just had her living room re-done, and it is gorgeous.  Not to worry, Mom took lots of pics and a post is in the works.
  



After dinner, Anne and her handsome hubby, Mom and Dad and I hopped in the car and went to a Meet the Author event in honor of Amor Towles, one of their favorite authors.  His speech was fascinating!  Mom was too shy to ask Mr. Towles to hold me for a picture, though.  Can't understand why.








That's it for now.
Pop over and visit my tote sistas for their rundowns on the past few months.






Pattie at Pandora's Box
Rita at Panalopy
Emily at The French Hutch
Linda at Life and Linda





Stop over and visit Linda at More Fun Less Laundry and enter this fabulous giveaway.








Mom tells me that our next post in December will be a tad more exciting because now that the renovation is over we can get out and spread our wings.  Rumor has it that my big sis, #1 and Adorable Jonathon are visiting this weekend and a trip to Martha's Vineyard is on the docket.  Mom's charging her camera and I'm all packed and ready to go!

Have a happy, safe Labor Day Weekend.












Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

28 comments:

  1. Hello, Miss Daisy! Well, I'm glad YOU decided to write a blog and tell us what you and your mom have been up to (that's a lot of "not much" by the way) because I miss her a lot! Good to see the author visits and fun with friends but the contracting and rehab? Not so much. I don't blame her for mental health! I'd have it too! Can't wait till you are back for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer renovations - ughhh - but I am sure your bathrooms will be gorgeous. Your tote certainly enjoyed traveling around your area - how can you not enjoy being so close to the Cape? I was happy to see that your pooches dine in style! Happy you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! It's sooo good to see a post from you, even if it's just Miss Daisy talking! I wonder where we are on the Birkin wait list. There was an article in the NY Times just last week about women who pawn the bags regularly to pay their credit card bills, then retrieve them the following month. So see, tell Mister they are actually a very good investment! I hope we can cross paths sometime soon, either on the Cape or in Boston! Have a great weekend. I hope your bathrooms are finished soon. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your renovations are done! Will we get to see the rooms? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will. I am putting a post together as we speak. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  5. So glad that you filled us in Miss Daisy! Looking forward to seeing the new bathrooms! Love love love the tote, still waiting for my BIRKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back. Bathroom renovations are not for the faint of heart! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Daisy, I feel sorry for your mom having to live through so many bathroom renovations....that's nervous breakdown inducing! I love, love, love Indie Bookstores, and I want to visit Buttonwood Books and Toys! I enjoyed reading about your shopping trip. :)

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, I loved seeing Miss Daisy in her travels. I hope your bathroom gets finished soon. I went through that recently. How special to visit that sweet town and your new friend. Love her name...LoL. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Daisy, I'm certainly glad you took up the task to give us all a wonderful report of your summer. I know you helped entertain your mom as she dealt with the stresses of remodel. Tell your mom we'd like a few bathroom remodels here. Perhaps her expert advice will come to Texas. Looking forward to seeing you and your mom this fall. She needs to bring you to TX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Miss Daisy, don't feel bad, Miss Courtney had to go through this with a kitchen face lift so this is all familiar and I was stuck in all summer except for errands! Katie, I can't wait to see how you renovated those baths, exciting when it's finished and enjoying but this kind of work is exhausting and stressful. Your wonderful sense of humor would go along way when workers start vacations! I'm afraid mine would have flown out the door. Your trip over to the cape looks like fun and favorite spots and sales, happiness! Love your new friends bag and her message. Tell her I am waiting and will be for a long time:) Have a wonderful holiday weekend...........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Daisy is certainly full of personality, just like her mom! Renos aren't ever fun, but always worth it! Martha's Vineyard sounds wonderful this time of year, can't wait to go along with you~ we've been missing you this summer! Those New England towns just ooze charm and great shopping~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to see you!! We've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Driving Miss Daisy crazy should've been your title this time! Oh dear, brings back memories I'd rather forget....everybody kept telling me all the headache would be worth it, but my thoughts kept trailing off to, 'well, at least it'll sell better now'. I know you know what I mean. Glad to hear you still got out to commiserate, er, I mean socialize, while it was ongoing.
    Love your friend Linda's bag, hahaha, tell her we're all in the same boat, waiting.
    Have a great weekend with Daugher #1. It's good to have you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you have sure been missed this summer but looks like you have been "up to your elbows" for sure. I'll look forward to a sneak peek at those bathrooms in some future posts. So good to hear of what you and Miss Daisy have been up to. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I were a little miniature Jane stowed away in Miss Daisy! You have the most fun. But yes, I know what its like to get caught up in home repairs. Bathrooms are the worst...tile, floors, plumbing, electricity, and your...well everything you need to make a bath a bath!

    How do you find the time to read? These books look great. I'm plowing through a stack of summer reads that I thought I'd have finished by July 1.

    Did you mean in your last paragraph, your next post in September? It reads December. Or is it me?!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy you are posting again! I'm on pins and needles waiting for your renovation pics. You are as brave as they come to take on 3 baths at once!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miss Daisy, I'm sure you were one of the highlights of your mom's summer. Tell your mom we did two bathroom remodels at the same time and it was nuts so I completely understand. I kept saying it would be worth the stress and it was. Enjoy Martha's Vineyard and we'll chat soon. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bad news: summer is ending.
    The good news: your blog has resumed.
    Welcome back! I look forward to details of your summer and renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THAT TOTE GETS AROUND!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS on the completion of the BATHROOMS!
    YOU ARE A HOOT AND I LOVE THAT!!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it Miss Daisy! Looks like you've had a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw... Welcome back!! I have missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am looking at the size of you Miss Daisy and wondering just how many goodies Mom is able to hide. Did her shopping pick up by any chance? :)
    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  23. Helloooooo so nice to see you back. Hope your summer was wonderful, though sounds like you have been busy (a good kind of busy). Cannot wait to see the new bathrooms! Love your tote...enjoy the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Katie - First of all, I really missed your posts this summer! Living through renovations are the worst. I did so at the end of last year but am happy to say it was worth it. I live in The Woodlands, TX and fortunately I and my daughter and grandsons have stayed high and dry. Thanks to you and everyone else for your thoughts and prayers. We all feel your love down here. 💕💕😊

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back!!!!!! I have missed you! Is that too forward? I have missed your posts, humor and of course books and cute pups. Instagram is not enough.

    Looking forward to lots of posts of your latest adventures.

    Enjoy your beautiful girl!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. 3 bathrooms at once?! No wonder you needed to take off for the summer. After 35 years in this industry, the only thing we have found that works to avoid the "subs" untimely vacations is to give all our crews the same vacation weeks off. Thank goodness your GC came through. Glad you are sorta "back"!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ugh about the tiler. Perhaps you should have booked Bert? He was available. However it looks like you and Sis had a wonderful time tootling about the countryside this summer, Ms D. Totes.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts